I don't often stray off topic here at Emm in London but I saw Ivanhoe's interview over at her blog and thought that it sounded like a great idea.
Without further ado, here are my answers to the questions that Ivanhoe gave to me:
1. What/who do you miss the most from South Africa?
I miss my Mum as she is still there. Hopefully she'll move over here in the next three months. I also miss my best friend Heather and my friend Patrick who we used to spend the most time going to movies and hanging out with.
I also miss the landscapes and beauty of South Africa although a England in summer is one of the most beautiful places on Earth.
2. How did you end up in London?
The major reason was that my husband needed to move to a country where his field is taken seriously. He is a health and safety manager but companies in South Africa often break the law if they can get away with it and certainly don't take the field of health and safety seriously. As a whole, people in South Africa are not as acquiescent as they are overseas and there are high crime rates too - another reason that we moved over here.
3. What things do you enjoy doing on the weekends?
After studying last autumn and having the in-laws over in December, I am currently enjoying just relaxing in my free time. I watch lots of television, read books, watch films, listen to music and then blog all about it over at my media blog. This year I have a couple of projects that I will start putting into place in the next week: I'm learning Italian with my friend Cristina in Portugal; making Valentine's cards; learning HTML and XHTML; and doing lots and lots of exercise. The biggest thing I like to do is to tour around the countryside taking photos and blogging about it here but I do tend to do that less in winter than in summer!
4. If you won a round trip ticket to anywhere in the world, where would you go & why?
My absolute dream is to go to New York City. I have been obsessed with new York for a long time and have a huge picture of the Manhattan skyline hanging in my sitting room. I decided that as with so many other of my dreams in the past, 2009 was the year and so I am going in June along with Heather and my co-worker Marilyn. Cannot wait.
To answer the question though, if I won a ticket right now I'd go somewhere tropical like the islands in the Pacific Ocean. Or maybe I'd go on a grand tour of Thailand. That's only because I am craving sunshine!
5. What is the first thing you do when you get home from work?
Make myself a nice cup of tea and enjoy five minutes alone before my husband and brother arrive home.
Now if you'd like to be interviewed:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.