A couple of months ago, daring street artist Kostar attempted to inject some colour into the lives of Londoners when he transformed these four red telephone boxes outside Charing Cross Station. It was short-lived of course and the city had painted over it in no time at all.
Now the final weeks of winter are dragging and I’m keen to banish the grey with a burst of colour. That’s where you come in. Over the next three weeks, Emm in London will be transformed into a hub of urban colour. I’ll be asking you to submit your most colourful, bold and interesting photos for the chance to win (wait for it) an iPhone 5S!
All you have to do is upload a photo to either Twitter or Instagram and tag it with the hashtag #colourmeurban. Then leave a comment below to let me know you’ve entered and make sure to mention your Instagram or Twitter username!
Each week I will choose two of my favourite photos and then the overall winner will be chosen from the shortlist of six.
Competition Terms & Conditions
1. The competition is open to UK residents only.
2. The closing date for entries is 5 March 2014.
3. My favourite photos of each week will be displayed on Emm in London and I will shortlist two photos each week.
4. The winner will receive an iPhone 5S.
5. The winner will be selected from the shortlist of six photos. The winner will be contacted via Twitter or Instagram and will be sent the prize directly.
6. Each entrant may enter once on Twitter and once on Instagram. Only entries including a photo, hashtag #colourmeurban and comment below will be considered.
7. Entrants may use as many filters and processing techniques as they like including colour splash, HDR or tilt shift.
8. Photos should be of an urban setting including street photography, cityscapes, street art and derelict or abandoned buildings. Don’t forget your colour!
9. Ownership of the photos remains with the individual photographers and will not be used other than in the weekly posts and to announce the competition winner.